Tuesday, April 28, 2015
Presidents Cup 2015
The 2nd President’s Cup SAMBO Martial Arts Tournament is back to United Kingdom: Manchester. EventCity. September 26, 2015
YES the Presidents Cup is back for a second year WHY because it was one of the most successful Combat Tournaments in GB during 2014. Last year the South of England had the benefit of seeing this spectacular event and 2015 it is the turn of the North.
The Categories are yet to be decided but you can be assured this will be a spectacular event a day not to be missed so get your tickets NOW.
Your Great Britain Team will be named next week
Monday, April 27, 2015
Sambo/Judo Summer Camp
2015 IBF/BCSA SUMMER CAMP TIMETABLE
Saturday 22nd and Sunday 23rd of August
Judo-Sambo and Combat Sambo.
Swale Martial Arts Club
(BSF Centre of Excellence)
127 East Street
KENT ME10 4BL
9.30am - prompt start of 10.30am.
10.30am - Welcome and introduction
10.45am till 12.45pm - 40 throws of the Gokyu/ 40 throw for Sambo and Combat Sambo.
1pm till 3pm -Ground work techniques. (Arm locks, strangles, and Leg locks)
3.45pm till 4.45pm -Coaching best practise.
5pm till 6pm- Hold downs and turn overs.
7.30pm till 9pm FIGHT NIGHT, followed by beerwazza!!!!!
10am till 12pm – Contest Techniques (Judo, Sambo and Combat Sambo)
12.30 Till 2.30pm- Grading practice.
3pm grading for all Disciplines + Instructors exams/awards.
The price for the weekend is £80 plus grading/exam fee.
(Anyone can stay at the dojo free of charge Friday and Saturday night).
Kyu grade and Instructor fee is £10 each.
Dan Grade- 1st £30 2nd £40 3rd £50 4th £60.
All money to be in by 1st August and late entries will be charged £100.
Cheques made payable to John Clarke
118 East Street Sittingbourne Kent ME10 4RX.
All Participants must have IBF/BCSA Licence for Grading and Exams. Those with no licence must produce proof of insurance
JOHN CLARKE 5TH DAN AND MASTER OF SOMBO.
Thursday, April 23, 2015
British Trials and Championship for Combat Wrestling
International Federation Combat Wrestling
Great Britain Trials 2015
For World Championships Varna, Bulgaria, August 2015
Saturday 9th May 2015
Bedfordshire Police HQ, Woburn Road, Kempston, Beds MK43 9AX
Weigh In 10:00hrs
Wrestling Commences 10:30hrs
FICW Rules Apply
Match time: 1 Round of 5 mins.
Senior Males: 52, 57, 62, 68, 74, 82, 90, 100, +100 kg
Senior Females: 48, 52, 56, 60, 64, 68, 72, 80, +80 kg
Red or blue shirt and shorts, wrestling shoes. (Blue or red rash guards are allowed)
Cost of Entry £10.00p to be paid on the day.
Awards: Good quality medals for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place and invitation to compete at the Combat Wrestling World Championships
CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRIES 1st May 2015
(No Late Entries Accepted)
Send entry forms to; firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Tap or verbally submit to joint lock or strangle hold.
2. Technical victory by 12 clear point’s difference.
3. Judge decision, based on majority of points. In case of equal score, the winner will be determined by the following factors:
a) Player with less cautions wins.
b) Player who scored big points wins.
4. In case the score is still equal, two extensions of 3 minutes are allowed.
a) In the two extensions, wins the player who scored 2 or more points first.
b) If the match finishes without a clear winner, the referees can vote to declare a winner, based on his performance (active gameplay, willingness to finish the match, submission attempts).
Date of Birth
Home Telephone Number
Wrestling Style BJJ, Judo, Wrestling, MMA.
For your own protection it is important you have insurance to take part in this competition. If you already have insurance through your governing body and it will allow you to take part in combat wrestling it will be accepted by the FICW.
If you do not have insurance then you can obtain a 12 month insurance from British Combat Sombo Association. Insurance application form attached.
Please send application and fee for insurance direct to the British Combat Sombo Association. (Details on insurance application form)
Sorry but NO insurance, no entry to the competition.
I confirm I have insurance that enables me to take part in the combat wrestling trials. I understand that participation in the above event or activity could include actions or tasks which might be hazardous to me. By signing below, I assume any risk of harm or injury which might occur to me due to my participation in the event or activity. I release the organisation International Federation Combat Wrestling (UK) and Bedfordshire Police from all liability, costs and damages which might arise from participation in the above named event or activity.
Please also sign and return attached adult waiver form.
Send entry form and waiver to; email@example.com
International Federation Combat Wrestling
WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY
READ BEFORE SIGNING
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the International Federation Combat Wrestling British Team Trials 9th May 2015, related events and activities, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that:
1) The risk of injury from the activities involved in this program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and,
2) I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and,
3) I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and,
4) I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS International Federation Combat Wrestling and Bedfordshire Police, their officers, officials, agents, and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event (“RELEASEES”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
5) I understand I must have my own personal injury and liability insurance for participating in this event and by signing this form I acknowledge taking full responsibility for my personal injury and liability insurance.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.